In the Kitchen: Summer Strawberry Avocado Corn Salad
Share & tag megleonardco to show me how you enjoyed!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 ears of sweet corn
- 8 cups spring mix baby greens
- 2–3 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, diced (or more)
- 4 tablespoons shelled pistachios
2 avocados, diced (more or less to taste)
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, roughly minced (optional, cut to save costs)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, roughly minced (optional, cut to save costs)
- Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (to taste)
- Grill the corn: Preheat a cast iron grill pan at medium-high heat or utilize an outdoor grill. Drizzle corn on the cob with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper as desired. Using tongs, place on the heated grill. Cook each side until grill marks form on corn kernels, about 10 minutes total. Remove from heat when done and let cool. Slice corn kernels off the cob and set aside.
- Dice strawberries and avocados. Combine all ingredients for the salad in a large bowl, including the cooked corn kernels. Drizzle with vinaigrette.