This is hands down a staple in Maryland and I’m so excited to share with all of you! My family has been making this simple recipe for years, I swear by it! The entire recipe is under $30, takes 15 minutes, and gives you about a full week of lunch or dinner for 2!
I recommend making the soup in the morning so that all the veggies have soaked up the flavor, it makes such a big difference.
Share & tag megleonardco to show me how you enjoyed!
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 15 Mins
Serving: 8-10 bowls
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, cut into small pieces. I use a food processor to quickly chop them.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups beef broth (1 can)
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 cup frozen baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen yellow sweet corn
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped (optional)
- OR one frozen bag of mixed vegetables of your choice. I use one that contains all the above for a quicker experience.
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY® Seasoning (at least). I use half a cup.
- 1 6 oz tomato paste can. Only use 1/3 of this.
- 1 pound lump crabmeat (1 can)
- Chop tomatoes to texture liking.
- Place all ingredients, except crabmeat, in 4-quart saucepan. Sprinkle in about half of the Old Bay seasoning you plan to use now.
- Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in crabmeat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add More Old Bay Seasoning.