In the Kitchen: Gingerbread Caramel Stuffed Cookies
Share & tag megleonardco to show me how you enjoyed!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour – 1:15. Dough must be refrigerated for 30 minutes.
Serving: 20-24 cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ~20-24 Caramel candies
- In a mixing bowl, mix the softened butter and sugar for a few minutes.
- Add in the molasses and mix completely.
- Crack in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt – mix until just combined.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While your dough is chilling, unwrap all of the caramels.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Taking about 1/2-1 Tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball. Repeat.
- Stack the dough on each side of the caramels and roll into a ball.
- Place on a baking sheet two inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing to avoid melted caramel mess!