In the Kitchen: Charred Crab Stuffed Avocado
Share & tag megleonardco to show me how you enjoyed!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Serving: 6-8 as appetizer, 2-3 as meal
- 12 oz wild caught lump crab meat (one can)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil mayonnaise (or regular mayonnaise)
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions (or green onions)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 4 medium avocados
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
- Drain excess liquid from crab meat. Place it in a large bowl and mix in mayonnaise, scallions, celery, pepper and salt. Mix together, I prefer to use my hands to keep the crab meat lump.
- Half each avocado and remove pit.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Grease with oil. Place avocados cut side down and heat for 4-5 minutes, until slightly browned. Flip them over and add a little bit of salt to each, and drop in enough crab meat to fill the hole. Heat for 4-5 minutes with skin side down.
- Remove avocados and drizzle Old Bay on each, to taste.